Click HERE for our 2016 budget.
Alhamduillah, we raised $340,000 during our Annual Fundraising Dinner and Ramadhan Campaign. We are still short $270,000 (for outreach, operation/maintenance, and education).
It takes generous individuals from our beloved community at large to bridge that annual deficit and to help keep the Muslim Educational Trust engaged. There is nothing better than you, MET believers, helping the American Muslim community positively integrate.
We would like to invite you to seize the blessings of the last 10 days of Ramadhan and give generously to support our programs:
- Islamophbia Panel Discussion at City Club
- Muslim Community Positive Integration Initiative
- Declaration of December 12th 2015, the MET Community Center Grand Opening Day, as "Islamic Heritage Day"
- Hon. Suzanne Bonamici's Congressional Record Recognizing the opening of the MET Community Center
- City of Portland's Resolution supporting Portland's Muslim Community
- Senator Jeff Merkley's Support Letter to the grand opening of the MET Community Center
- Senator Merkley's Words of Support
- Public lectures about Islam to educate both Muslims and Non-Muslims
- Interfaith dialogue to open channels of communication with people of different faiths
- Informal speakers bureau
- Educating local news organizations for non-biased news coverage
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter, Al-Hewar
- Coordinating communication between Muslim organizations, Islamic Centers, and the community
- Operating a full-time licensed and accredited Islamic school, (Pre-K - 5th: Islamic School of MET - ISMET and 6th-12th: Oregon Islamic Academy - OIA) as well as a Weekend Islamic School
- Co-founding member of the following Interfaith Organizations: Institute for Christian Muslim Understanding (ICMU), Arab-Jewish-Muslim Dialogue, Interfaith Council of Greater Portland (ICGP), and Between Women Interfaith Group
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you and best duaa's for every blessing and peace during these holy days and nights of Ramadhan.
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you, Hope you are enjoying these last 10 days and nights of Ramadhan; May Allah, the Most Gracious, bless us all and bless our families to witness Ramadhan again and again, and reap every reward and bounty, ameen.
Join us for Quran Khatm & Qiyaam at MET - This Friday, July 1
Join us for Isha prayer and Taraweeh Prayers followed by Qiyaam-ul-Layl on the night of Ramadhan 27th. Brothers and Sisters are welcome.
Potluck Iftar Dinner at MET - This Saturday, July 2
Join us for the last Saturday of Ramadhan Potluck Iftar; We look forward to seeing you, in shaa Allah!
Ladies' Qiyaam at MET - This Saturday, July 2
Please bring your favorite Suhoor dish.
Sisters are welcome to join Sister Fatima Albar for our Annual Ramadhan Sisters' Qiyaam following Isha and Taraweeh Prayers; Sisters will get to enjoy an uplifting halaqa, collective duaa', and a variety of activities to be concluded with Suhoor and Fajr prayer.
The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) and Zakat Foundation of America recommend $10.00 per person for Zakat-ul-Fitr this year. The Muslim Educational Trust is currently accepting Zakat-ul-Fitr contributions, and will start distributing the proceeds soon to the needy families and individuals in our community to ensure a joyous Eid for all, in shaa Allah. Please click HERE for more information about this obligatory Zakah that must be given out before Eid prayer for each family member.
Please click HERE for the Ramadhan Prayer Schedule.
Muslim Educational Community Center | 10330 SW Scholls Ferry Road | Tigard, OR 97223
Enjoy delicious food from MET's Al-Iwan Dining Hall
Iftar Dinner To-Go Every Day in Ramadhan - Starting Wednesday, June 8th 2016
Place your order 24 hours in advance by calling Mr. Karim Alwail at 503-888-6762 and pick up your order by 7:30 p.m.
Al-Iwan Dining Hall | Muslim Educational Trust | 10330 SW Scholls Ferry Rd | Tigard, OR 97223
Kabsah, Chicken Kabob, Lamb Kabob, Kafta Kabob, Shawerma, Falafel, Samosa and more....
Enjoy delicious Desserts from MET's Al-Iwan Dining Hall
Starting Thursday, June 30th 2016: Dessert To-Go
Available at 5:30 p.m. OR place your order 24 hours in advance (Full Trays ONLY) by calling Mr. Karim Alwail at 503-888-6762
Katayef (3 for $5.25) or (12 for $18)
Bassboussa ($2.25/piece) or ($50/tray)
Knafe with nuts ($3.50/piece) or ($75/tray)
Knafe B-Jiban ($2.50/piece) or ($60/tray)
Join us for Sports, Swimming, and Fitness during the month of Ramadhan!
Muslim Educational Trust Community Center
10330 SW Scholls Ferry Road
Tigard, OR 97223
Please click HERE for membership information.
Sign-up Today: MET's Ramadhan 1437 Quran Memorization Contest!
Contest Date: Saturday, July 2nd 2016 - Ramadhan, 27th 1437
Registration Deadline: Friday, June 17, 2016
Place:MET Educational and Community Center 10330 SW Scholls Ferry Road Tigard, OR 97223
Registration Form: Click Here
Click HERE for the flier.
This competition is open to all children in the community entering grades 1 thru 12 in 2016-17, as well as college students and adults, each within their designated category.
Reserve your child's spot by Friday, June 3rd, 2016
Arabic Conversation/Rosetta Stone
Children: Grades 1-5
Youth: Grades 6-8
Week 1 (July 11 - July 15)
Week 2 (July 18 - July 22)
Week 3 (July 25 - July 29)
Buy Your Groceries and Gifts @ MET's Gift Shop TODAY!
As Eid al-Fitr عيد الفطر approaches, visit our Gift Shop and find your favorite groceries and gift items.
Halal, hand-slaughtered Chicken, rice, coffee, tea, fava beans, spices, cheese, lentils, honey, zamazam water, and more...
MET Gift Shop | 10330 SW Scholls Ferry Road, Tigard, OR 97223
HOURS: M-Fri. 9 - 4pm Sun. 10 - 2pm