Islamic School of MET - ISMET
Islamic School of Muslim Educational Trust - ISMET is a not-for-profit, independent, full-time, co-educational, privately funded, and fully accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) - a division of AdvancED. Islamic School of MET - ISMET was founded by the Muslim Educational Trust in 1997. It first opened its doors to students on September 8, 1997.
2017-18 School Docs
December Calendar - AP Registration
- Sat 2 SAT Testing
- Wed 6 Picture Retake Day
- Wed 6 MET Schools Open House
- Thurs 7 ISMET/OIA Annual Geograbphic Bee
- Fri 8 School-Wide Collective Quran Reciataion & Khatm
- Sat 9 MET Monthly Forum & Potlcuk Dinner
- Thurs 14 ISMET/OIA Annual History Bee
- Mon 18 - Mon Jan 1 Winter Break (No Shool)
- Mon 18 - Fri 22 Saturday Academy Classes @ MET
Our philosophy is to deliver superb academic and spiritual instruction within an Islamic environment that will nurture our children's hearts and minds and prepare them for their role in life as stewards of Earth and humanity. ISMET continues to achieve academic excellence within a healthy learning environment, intimate adherence to Islamic practices, and strong collaboration with positive interaction among school, students, parents, and community.
The Islamic School of MET utilizes the curriculum line offered by McGraw-Hill for Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. For Arabic and Islamic Studies, we use resources and curricula by IQRA International, and the Islamic Services Foundation.
In order to create a comprehensive program that fulfills our Islamic philosophy, purpose, goals, and mission, the Islamic School of MET has the following objectives:
- To provide an active, comprehensive learning experience that incorporates critical thinking, analytical reasoning, and problem solving skills in the core areas of Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Fine Arts, Social Sciences, and Physical Education in parallel with a comprehensive curriculum of Islamic Studies, Quran, and Arabic Language.
- To instill in our students a love of learning, a spirit of inquiry, and the ability to link science with Islam so they can explore the myriad signs of God in the Universe and within themselves. To inspire and transform students into confident, capable individuals with a God-centered outlook on life through Islamic education and discipline.
- To utilize modern teaching strategies to deliver superb academics and extracurricular experiences to our students that will polish their talents and mold them into positive, productive members of society.